Tru Organic

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Surgery Defect !

I want to thank Surgery Defect for doing this interview, as you can see all the products are fabulous and you can find almost anything at Surgery Defect. I have been following Surgery Defect on Facebook and I'm always great deals and products, I wish I could purchase everything but it would be impossible to. Go stop by Surgery Defect's page on Facebook, you won't be disappointed.
My first question is, how long have you been in the beauty business? 
Almost going on 10 years.

2. What prompted you to start Surgery defect? 
I've always been very independent and goal oriented. So I wanted to have 
something of my own and make it a success.  
It also doesn't hurt that I am an active stay at home mother at the moment
and that prompts me to be able to stay at home.

3. How long has the company been around? 
All together 10 years.

4. What inspires choices for what you post and other products?
I would say the people around me (close friends, my little sister, and actually my husband (haha) )
 and myself mostly. If I don't like something personally it wont be made or posted. 
I don't want to offer something that I know myself that I wont like or use.  


5. What is your most popular selling item? 
As of right now the 30 Pigment Custom Case.

Basically, tell me the story of how Surgery defect came to be. 
SurgeryDefect started when I was 15. I was doing hairpieces then. Dreaded products
for the "alternative" fashioned. I steadily built my business through hair pieces up
until 2006 when I was pregnant with my son. Then I took an extended hiatus from 
hair piece making and did it off and on until 2010. My husband was currently deployed
and in the Summer of 2010 the cosmetics side of the business came about. I figured I already
have the website why not continue to work under the name SurgeryDefect.  I also owe a huge
thanks to my friend Lynn who without her, cosmetics would have never started. Shortly in 
the beginning of 2011 we were moved to Fort Benning Georgia and that is the moment I got
more serious about promoting and networking the cosmetics. 

What can we expect from Surgery Defect in 2013 ? 
To be better for my customers and myself. There is always room for improvement
and of course new exciting products and makeup adventures! 

Tell me a little about yourself, Add some photos of the company, cosmetics,etc
I'm Emily. I'm 23 years old with a beautiful 5 year old son named Landen and
a wonderful husband that I've been with since 2006 who is in the army.
I'm very crafty and diy type of gal. I'm a huge nerd. I love star trek and video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment