Tru Organic

Friday, February 1, 2013

MUA JacquelineC !

This is another feature that I have the honor of bringing you. This lady is superior when it comes to the art of makeup, she has worked hard to get to where she is today, I so admire her accomplishments and her makeup talent. Thank you so much Jacqueline for allowing me to feature you, here is her story !

Hello Make-up Lovers!
          My name is Jacqueline M. Chavez. I am a licensed makeup artist from New Mexico and received my certifications with Rain Makeup Academy. I started working in the makeup industry over seven years ago and have made it my career since 2009. I started my journey at Sephora and began freelancing on my free time.  In 2011, I left Sephora to spread my wings as an artist, which was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Now I specialize in beauty as well as special effects and I have learned so much from freelance work. My favorite part about this industry is there is always opportunity to grow.
My love for makeup started at young age even though I was not allowed to wear it. In high school I would sneak some in my bag and put it on after I was dropped off. Once school was over I would wash my face and act like it never happened. I tease my parents to this day, because they never let me wear it, and now I am a professional makeup artist.
One of the best feelings of being a makeup artist is when I receive that phone call or message from someone wanting their makeup done for their special occasion. When it comes down to inspiration I try to get to know my client and understand what kind of person they are. Makeup is an expression on how you feel and who you are. Although there are many talented artists that inspire me, I must say my favorite is Lora Arellano. She is amazing at what she does and I love how she is not afraid to be bold and daring. As for me I love doing natural soft looks with bold lips. If I had to choose my favorite brand of makeup, it would be Makeup Forever. There are no limits with this brand. It is bold and loud which is everything I need. I must say that I am also a sucker for the creator and the story behind her and the brand!.
.





No comments:

Post a Comment