Tru Organic

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Andrea Clem of Glitterfied Nails !

Ever wanted to know how to make your own nail polish? Well, Andrea Clem does and she's great at it ! Her colors are bright and vibrant and the glitter she adds in them just adds an extra sparkle to them. Read her story and please take time to visit her etsy page http://www.glitterfiednails.com/ and follow.
Honestly, my nail “career” is just beginning.  If somebody had told me 2 months ago I’d be making nail polish and selling it on Etsy, I would have laughed.  It was strong encouragement from my darling hubby and some research plus my LOVE of glitter that got me motivated to pursue this avenue.  I’ve been looking for a while for something that I could make for resale.  I even blogged for a while (oasisaccents.com) and have an Etsy shop selling vintage kitchen, housewares and décor items.  But I still yearned to be more creative and to make something that others would love as much as I did.

I’ve always loved glitter polishes but hated how hard they were to remove.  Then came Pinterest!  Hallelujah!  The foil method was all I really needed to learn to make me excited about making my own glitter polishes for sale. 

I use a suspension fluid that is made specifically to keep the glitter from sinking to the bottom and is 3 Free (meaning No Toluene, No Formaldehyde, and No DBP [the Toxic Trio]).  All of my glitters are solvent resistant to prevent bleeding and curling.  I will occasionally use cosmetic grade pigments and/or existing pre-made polishes only when I want the base to be colored instead of clear.  I also draw upon my background in interior design for my color combos.  All polishes are hand-crafted by me alone.

Andrea Clem
Glitterfied Nails
Oasis Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment