Tru Organic

Friday, December 21, 2012

Beauty Bytes Company Spotlight Feature : Dollipop Cosmetics

 I'm starting my spotlight feature with Dollipop Cosmetics, I admire this company and the owners very much, Dollipop Cosmetics is one of my favorites, why you ask? because of the sparkle and shimmer that is added to every eyeshadow that's made along with all the hard work that is put into every product that is made. These two sisters have turned a dream into reality and many of you want to know what inspired them to start their own company so without further a due, may I Welcome Dollipop Cosmetics:
My first question is, how long have you both been in the beauty business?   My sister and I have been obsessed with makeup and bath and body products since we were quite young. To be honest, I can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't interested in it.

2. What prompted you both to start Dollipop Cosmetics? We started Dollipop Cosmetics (formerly Frosting Bath & Body) because we saw a need in the market for an indie cosmetic company with heart and owning a business together was the fulfillment of a dream of ours. There are many choices out there when it comes to cosmetics but we were finding that some were careless with their customers and down right mean. We LOVE what we do and being customers ourselves we knew how we wanted our customers to feel.

3. How long has the company been around? We have been in business for 2 years now and are loving every moment of it!

4. What inspires color choices for eyeshadows and cosmetics? EVERYTHING! Our favorite movies or shows, friends and family, even some of our favorite customers. If I find a piece of clothing that I love the color of sometimes that's enough to prompt a brand new eyeshadow color.

5. What is your most popular selling item? We have a few eyeshadow colors that always sell out quickly; "Snow", which is a really pretty shimmery white and "Absinthe", a gorgeous bright green that both fly off our shelves like hotcakes.

Basically, tell me the story of how Dollipop came to be. Our grandmother Helen actually inspired my sis and me to start Dollipop Cosmetics. She raised us from the time we were little babies and she always taught us that we could do anything we set our minds to. She passed away in 2008 from breast cancer, but in her last year of life she made her family promise to follow our dreams and live our lives to the fullest and Dollipop Cosmetics is the result of us keeping our promise to her.
Tell me a little about yourself and if others work with you about them also. My name is Jennifer and I am a stay-at-home mom of two beautiful little girls. I enjoy cooking, crafting, and creating new products! My business partner is my twin sister Liz. She works full-time in a medical office and helps out with the business every single weekend. We hand make everything we sell in small batches and typically it is just the two of us working although during busy seasons we have friends and family that step in and help us package and label. 
Use the code LIZZIE10 to save 10% off your entire purchase in our Craft Cafe shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment