Tru Organic

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Feature Artist: Toshia Thrall

This weeks feature artist is well known on Facebook and I'm sure on all other social networks. Let me be the first to say that I admire her work, there is just something about her technique and her color choices that just bring out her looks. She is destined to be one of the greats in the world of MUA's. For all of you that wanted me to feature Toshia, here is her long awaited story. "I got started in makeup from browsing on YouTube on day. On the front page was a makeup tutorial from Marlena of MakeupGeek. This was in 2008. I started buying more makeup and practicing. I would do several looks a day just to practice. In 2010, I started freelancing. I have worked with photographers, models, designers, and fashion shows. My greatest inspiration for makeup will always be Marlena from MakeupGeek. She was the first one I watched and I always look forward to her tutorials. I also am inspired by Pixiwoo. I find inspiration everywhere. I see random pictures I like and decide to recreate colors from them. My husband is also an inspiration. If I am stumped with a color combination, he is always happy to throw one my way. Many of my looks are just throwing colors together to see how they turn out. 

I had a hard time choosing my favorite look because I have a few of them. I chose this one because of the glitter and glitter brows. This was recreated from a look done by a fellow makeup lover Makeup by Chel from Facebook. I saw the color combination and knew I had to recreate it. I try to push myself further everyday to improve my skills and push myself out of my comfort zone. I love color and am not afraid to use it! 95% of my looks are colorful :) Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog. This truly means the world to me and I hope to be able to reach more people with my love and passion for the ART of makeup". 
http://www.facebook.com/ToshiaThrallMua
Thank you Toshia for allowing me do this, you are truly an inspiration to all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment