Tru Organic

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dreadfully Divine !

Many thanks to Dreadfully Divine for taking time out of her busy schedule to do this feature for me. Doesn't she have some fabulous looks? I still haven't built up the courage to do something like the pic above, maybe one of these days I'll give it a shot but for now I'm happy looking at others amazing creations. Have fun reading Dreadfully Divine's feature !
  I think that I have always loved makeup from when I was even little. I can remember my first time wearing makeup, my mom allowed me to wear it for a ballet recital. I was around 5 or 6, and it really looked horrible. However, I never forgot how it made me feel. I was a beautiful ballet princess with my caked on bright blue eye shadow and red lipstick.  While my dreams of being a ballet princess have come and gone, my love of makeup has remained. I really didn't experiment much in my teens with makeup, with the exception of perfecting my cateye and wearing all kinds of dark lipstick. But my full blown makeup addicting didn't develop until around seven years ago,when I stumbled upon Shrinkle (Amy from Sugarpill) selling Kryolan on Ebay. The colors were so bright and vivid and I "needed" to expand my makeup. I wanted the bright colors and the items I were finding at the drugstore couldn't compete. So, I immediately purchased some Kryolan from her and then hit MAC  and probably spent almost a whole paycheck on makeup and I haven't looked back since.
    Everything and anything can inspire a look and I have to agree with Beauty By Me that Youtube has opened up a whole world of makeup experiences, especially for me. I am constantly learning new things or attempting to learn a new technique in order to improve upon my makeup skills. While I love all kinds of makeup I am really drawn to dramatic makeup. I love bold looks, bright colors, big lashes and and my makeup reflects that. I have a hard time doing natural looks since I always want to do something more to it. Drag makeup especially inspires me. The transformation of the performer never ceases to amaze me and they always look fabulous. I have seen people comment on countless makeup sites that some makeup looks like, "drag queens did it." Honestly if they really took a look at drag makeup they can see how amazing it really is and being told that your makeup looks like a drag queen did it is a huge compliment in my eyes. As far as some of my favorite makeup artists they would have to include Rose Shock, Shrinkle, Michael James, Cora from Vintage or Tacky, Durga Usagi from Under Blue Lights,  Eva from Pure Black Love, Made You Look by Lex, are just some right off the top of my head. There are countless amazing talents out there and more and more are popping up each day. 
   As for a favorite brand, I would have to say MAC since they were my first makeup love. However Sugarpill does come a close second and LimeCrime has some really amazing lipsticks. There are lots of indie companies that have caught my eye so I look forward to trying out their makeup. My Tree Frog inspired looks is my current favorite look. While I was doing it I almost stopped and said forget since I didn't think that it was turning out right but once it saw next to the picture everything fell in place. So that about wraps it up. Don't forget to Like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dreadfullydivinedarkbeauty?ref=hl and you can also follow me on my blog http://dreadfullydivine.blogspot.com/. Thank you so much for the feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment