Tru Organic

Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Feature Artist: Leilani Lomeli

This picture is my favorite because it embodies everything I love. Makeup and the Rockabilly scene.
I can't believe 2012 has come and gone, the end of last year was a good one for me, I started my Beauty Bytes page and really didn't know what to do with it so I decided to focus on other accomplishments, after that I wanted to include beauty companies so I began doing interviews. 2013 will be just as good if not better. This is my first Feature Artist of 2013, Leilani Lomeli. She is not only beautiful but very talented, as they say, "she gots skills" lol. Without further a due here's what my feature artist had to say: I've been a MUA for almost a year, but have always loved makeup. I really got into makeup this last year. In March of 2012 started promoting for a vegan, cruelty-free indie cosmetics line called Rockeresque Beauty Company. That's where my passion for makeup really came alive. Then in April, I won a scholarship to Ruby's Academy of Beauty and Makeup located in Upland, Ca. Went to school for 3 months, graduated and received my certificate in Makeup Artistry late July. In August I did a very small fashion show and ever since I've been freelancing here and there.

Most of my looks are pretty much inspired by the Rockabilly scenes, Dita Von Teese, and Marilyn Monroe. Neutral eyeshadows and bright/bold red lipsticks. I just love how neutral colors look on me. <3 

Right now there are a few people that inspire me, but foremost Miss Alex Morris. She is a beautiful plus size Professional Makeup Artist and Model. When I first met her (at my first mini fashion show in August) and what she was wearing that day had me in awe because she felt so comfortable in her own skin that I really envied her confidence she has about her body image. I will be working on boosting my body image confidence this year, so hopefully by the end of the year I will be happy with myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment