Tru Organic

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

GlamGore Makeup !

I want to especially thank GlamGore Makeup for doing this feature. I have learned from doing these features that is more to makeup than just the ordinary eyeshadow, lipstick, mascara, etc. I only thought we saw special effect makeup on Halloween but was I wrong. I truly admire these makeup artists who devote themselves to the art of makeup and special effects. Thank you GlamGore and others for making me see makeup for the true art it is.
I'm not quite sure how to start, so I guess I will just dive in! If you ask my mom, she would tell you I've been in love with makeup since I was about 5. I loved being done up for my dance recitals and pictures. I remember I had Tinkerbell makeup that I would put on for school and think I just looked amazing. When I got a little older I started doing plays and musicals with my older brother. I would help out with the makeup for those productions. By the end of high school I had my own makeup table I'd set up before the show and I'd have a line of people wanting me to do their make up. When I was about 15 I got a job on a haunted hay ride as a "thriller" zombie, and I had to make my self up every night before work. That's were I found my love for gore and SPFX makeup. I had always loved horror movies and the look of the SPFX makeup, and it was then that I decided that I really wanted to be a makeup artist. While I was still in high school I received my New York state cosmetology license and decided to furthered my training at Complections International located in Toronto Canada. They had a mastery makeup program that covered beauty, fashion, theater, movie, and SPFX makeup as well as an animatronics course.
    After I graduated high school in the spring of 2006 I moved to Toronto for a year and learn from some of the best in the industry. Since I graduated from Complections I have been a freelance makeup artist. I've worked with Eerie productions at their Fright World attraction in Buffalo NY for a couple season, and then Moved to Iowa. Since living in Iowa I have worked with the wig crew of Young Frankenstein when it toured through Davenport, I have been expanding my bridal clients, worked with local theater  and have done numerous photo shoots with models of all shapes and sizes, creating everything from beautiful pins up to blood covered zombies. I could never pick which one I like making up more. That's why I chose the name of GlamGore Makeup. I find inspiration for my looks from everything I see- the colors in the sky, the people I meet and any experience that I can get.
     I personally love the beauty work done by the Makeup Forever team, as well as Megan Martinez of Chaos Makeup. Rick Baker, Dick Smith and Tom Salvini are true masters of horror to me. Some of my favorite make up brands include Makeup Forever, Dior, Urban Decay, Dinair, Smashbox, Two Faced, Ben Nye, Kryolan and Skin Illustrator. Plus I always have a running list of new products to try.  
The photo that I have attached is my main logo photo. It is one of my favorites because I actually made half her face pretty, half beat up. I truly made her GlamGore.

No comments:

Post a Comment