Tru Organic

Monday, January 28, 2013

Evania Chavez !

I have the honor of bringing you Evania Chavez's feature. I have had my page for almost 3 months now and didn't realize that I hadn't asked Evania to be featured yet, I'm glad she was gracious enough to do it. She is very talented and I see such a bright future ahead of her. Go check out her page and show her some love.
Hi :) I am Evania Chavez and I have a makeup page, IntoxicatingMakeup by Evania. I've always had a part of me that loved makeup but, sadly, growing up I never saw it as art or a way to be expressive. Most of my life I was told, if you wear makeup you should apply it so it is barely noticeable. All I owned when I began using makeup was neutral colors (not that there is anything wrong with that, just nothing fancy). I was told that because of my skin color and eye color I shouldn't use blues, greens, or anything colorful. I was devastated. So I stopped having much interest in makeup. I felt at that time that it had too many rules and was too restrictive. That was until I found out I could go crazy and colorful on my nails!
   I began doing crazy and fun nail art and while looking up a "Disney Scene" for a nail look I stumbled upon Katie Alves. What she did on her eyes blew my mind! It was like some door to the magical world of makeup was finally open to me. I was mesmerized by her work. I worked up the courage and recreated her Nightmare Before Christmas eye scene. My corrupted way of thinking about makeup had been broken! I was pushed into a whole other side of makeup. The beautiful, colorful, expressive, and fun side. Where you could be neutral but also dramatic and wild!
  I found out in makeup that there are no rules except the ones you make for yourself. As long as you feel confident and beautiful you should stay strong and true to yourself. Don't worry about what others think. Even if you do something horrible because you'll learn from it.
  On February 19th 2011 (my 20th birthday) my mom bought me everything that wasn't sold out from Sugarpill that got my crazy collection started. On March 1st 2011 I made my Facebook makeup page and I've grown so much from there. I still have a lot to learn but I've met so many great people that help with that. Some favorites are: Makeup Frenzy (helped so much with my cut creases), MrsElegantBeauty (helped me with my blending), Jaynicole's MakeupWorld (also helped with my blending), Brittany Couture, Sarah Chambers, GlitterGirlC, Under BLUE Lights, PureBlackLove,  Sarah Mitchell Makeup, Mrralphie, Kikimakeup, luciferismydad (from Instagram), grzee makeup art, and Makeup by Judith are just a few! Everyone who loves and does makeup, regardless of their skill level, inspires me. I wish I could name them all!
   My favorite beauty brands are Sugarpill, Bh Cosmetics, Lime Crime, Stella Starish, Nyx, and Wet N' Wild. I would love to try La Belle Boutiek.
  This is one of my favorite looks because it is colorful and crazy dramatic. Everything I thought I would never be able to do. It is also inspired by an amazing makeup artist, Rose Shock, who always inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment