Tru Organic

Monday, February 11, 2013

BitterStarlite Makeup !

This young lady is such a talented artist and I am happy to be bringing you all this feature. She is one of those amazing talents who can do subtle and dramatic while adding a little fun into her makeup, and it all comes out amazing ! It is an honor to have met Bitterstarlite Makeup on Facebook, here is her feature:
I've been interested in makeup for as long as I can remember. I would sneak into my mom's makeup bag when I was a little kid around the age of 8. I was so mesmerized watching "mommy's eyelashes grow with a black tube thingy", it wasn't until about 8th grade that I learned it was mascara. I started playing around with makeup when I got my first Coastal Scents palette for Christmas, I was 13 at the time. I thought I was so amazing at what I did. Looking back at some of the pictures, I really just kinda sucked. Haha. The fact that I kept telling myself that I was amazing was what kept me going. Now I'm 17 and I think I came pretty darn far!

It really didn't become an "addiction" until I found the wonderful world of youtube. I fell in love with each and every product I saw and just HAD to try it out for myself. Shortly after I started my blog and my collection grew so rapidly I had to upgrade from my little makeup bag to a desk with a separate storage unit. I love blogging but I'm falling in love with making youtube videos, although I'm probably one of the most awkward people on this planet!

As far as inspiration, music is my favorite way to get inspired. I'll go to a royalty free music site and listen to soundtracks until something pops up in my head. I'm really good at connecting how I feel about the music and putting into a makeup look. Before I found makeup, music was my niche. I have this weird talent of picking up an instrument and learning how to play it in 10 minutes. It's the same with my makeup. I'll pick up a random product and within minutes I'll have a look planned out in my head and already half-completed. 

Alex Box is probably my biggest inspiration of all. She designs and executes her ideas flawlessly when creating a makeup. If you take a look at any of the Illamasqua advertisements, you can tell it has her name all over it. When you can look at a makeup and know exactly who did it, that is the definition of success.

I love so many cosmetic brands it's hard to choose just one. My favorites are Lime Crime, OCC, BH Cosmetics, 8 Bit Cosmetics, Milani, Urban Decay, and Makeup Geek. Let's be honest though, you really can't pick just one!

My favorite look I've ever done is "Space on my Face!". I did it about a year ago and it's still my most popular photo to date. It looks really complicated but I literally did it in 15 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment