Tru Organic

Friday, June 21, 2013

Hunger Strike on Pelican Bay

On July 8th the inmates of Pelican Bay are going to hold a Hunger Strike until their demands are met. I do not have anyone who is incarcerated or have I ever known of anyone who has been incarcerated so I am not going to pretend that I know what it feels like to have a loved one in jail because I don’t. I do believe in this cause because I feel abusing or taking away rights is wrong especially if someone has been wrongly accused. I was reading about the 5 core demands the inmates want to be met and I don’t think any are unreasonable, the thought of work programs being offered to prisoners is a wonderful idea and if prisoners can get educated while in prison that’s a plus in my book. I can understand why Chola Pinup feels so strongly about this, abuse of any kind is wrong whether the person is imprisoned or not. I support Chola Pinup and the Hunger Strike 100%. If you want more information on this please visit the Chola Pinup Califas page on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/CholaPinupLosAngeles. #17 days #cpst

No comments:

Post a Comment